Monday, January 9, 2012

Me vs the Crocodile

I love, love, love teaching my kids to read, then being surprised when they do it. It's FABulous.

I love watching them all give hugs and kisses to each other after family prayer.

I love that they love to play together...all the time.

I love that they read to each other.

I love that when Ethan hurts his brother's feelings, he's worried that he Jake will remember him as unkind. He wants him to know and remember that he loves him.

I love that we don't watch TV.

I love that they don't care much about getting presents at Christmas.

I love that they thanked us no less than fifteen times when we brought them out for ice cream. I love that they are grateful.

I love that Jacob's favorite part of vacation was being with his ailing Grandpa, because 'he seemed lonely without us'.

I love that they are original thinkers. I am no good at raising parrots.

I love that they are still children for a bit longer.

I am officially declaring war on the ticking crocodile.

2 comments:

debi said...

I love that I can talk to them like they are capable of decent communication.

I love that they seem carefree and careful at the same time.

I love that they are obviously dialed in to what you want them to do and how you would like them to respond.

I love that they are really beautiful to look at.

I love that their inner contentment is outer peace.

I love your sweet kids too.

Karen Hail said...

I love that I got to see you all last week.

I love that you are my sister-in-law!

I miss all their hugs!