Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bedtime conversations


Mom: Did you have a bad dream?
Lily: Yeah.
Mom: Do you remember what happened?
Lily: There was a skeleton in Dad's closet.
Mom: He's got lots of those. Did you see it?
Lily: No. I just saw the doorknob wiggling and I yelled at Jacob to run upstairs because then it couldn't get us.
Mom: That is a scary dream. Are you still scared?
Lily: No.
        I don't like skeletons.
        I only like the skeleton in my body.



Mom: You sure were a big help today with all the little kids.
Emma: Yes. Little kids just really like me, I don't know why.
Mom: It's because you are so nice and always think of great things to do.
Emma: I guess so.
Mom: You are going to be a great mom with those kinds of talents.
Emma: I think so.


Jacob: I like Ethan.
Mom: What do you like about Ethan?
Jacob: He's nice. He wrestles with me and plays with me.
Mom: He really likes playing with you. He sure loves you.
Jacob: Yeah.


Ethan: ...General Sullivan carried out George Washington's orders to destroy a lot Iroquois villages in New York because they had been raiding the settlements. The French arrived a year later, General Rochambeau was in charge and they came to Rhode Island. The French also gave the Continental Army $20,000 in gold. Gold! The French defeated the British in a naval battle and that's what trapped General Cornwallis in. He had no where to go and that's ...
Mom: Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cherish these days.

3 comments:

debi said...

I love love love you LA

Nelson Nitwits said...

Such a wonderful mom raising wonderful kids!

Bonnie said...

Where's your like button? :D